Redington Classic Trout Fly Rod
- Price: $149.00
- Fishing Type: Fresh Water
- Brand: Redington
- Vendor: Amazon
This rod is for you if you need the following:
- You’re looking for an inexpensive rod that’s good to learn on but will not hold you back from perfecting your cast.
- You need a backup rod on the cheap but you need it to cast halfway decent.
- You want to try a different species and need a new set up but don’t want to break the bank if you’re not going to use the rod a lot.
This rod is NOT for you if:
- You have the basics of casting down and want to buy a rod that will help you advance.
- You want a rod that will let you cast farther distances with a faster recovery rate, accuracy, etc. Check out the Scott A4 here.
Clocking in at a starting price of around $149 bucks it’s definitely on the cheap end of the spectrum, but you get a lot for what you pay for. The Redington Classic Trout is not the best casting rod you can buy, but it’s decent. And that’s all you really need in a cheap rod. The taper on this rod is really forgiving for fly casters who haven’t quite mastered their stroke and timing, but an experienced caster can still throw the whole line with a good amount of the rods in this line. It comes in a lot of great line weight and length choices. its great for your first 5 weight for trout or as a backup. Whatever the reason may be for purchasing a cheap rod, this is a great choice.