How to Search for Quaility Outfitters
Outfitters – Something for every angler
Outfitters are the one stop shop for an angler. A good outfitter can provide you with equipment, an experienced guide, quality information, and anything else you could need for a successful day out on the water.
When looking for an outfitter, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- What services does this outfitter provide? Will you be able to get a fishing license, rod/reel, bait, flies, fishing advice, and a guided trip all from them? Or will you have to source some of these things elsewhere. This is important to figure out in advance, especially if you need licenses or equipment. While some outfitters can provide these, not all can.
- Does the outfitter have a store front you can visit? Some outfitters have a store for you to visit, while others operate out of their homes, or even their trucks. Some outfitters may be more convenient than others to work with.
- What is your budget? Figure out what you are willing to spend, and look for an outfitter that meets your price range, depending on what services you need. Some are more expensive, but for the most part you get what you pay for!
- Ask for reputable outfitters from fellow anglers? Search Sportsmens Compass reviews, find out what others are saying, research and learn from our community.
- Visited an outfitter? Fished with a charter? Stopped in at a tackle shop? REVIEW for the benefit of other anglers. We can use everyone’s help to build this resource.
Make sure you find the right outfitter for your needs, and maximize your time on the water while minimizing the headaches, runarounds and bad info.
Searching for a Fishing Guide? Click Here
Searching for a Fishing Charter? Click Here
Our Review Policy. No reviews will be accepted from facilities, service suppliers or any affiliate. We encourage our members to provide honest assessments of the quality and competence of service providers. (For example, weather and fishing conditions are beyond a lodges or guide’s control, but quality and competence in any environment can be measured.)