THE lodge for truly Alaskan fishing experiences
- Vendor: Nushagak River Fishing Lodge - View Listing
- Location: Bristol Bay, AK
- Author: DougL on March 22, 2017
- Review Type: Lodges / Outfitters
- Date of Visit: August 14, 2016
- Overall Rating:
- Angler Endorsed
My wife Barbara and two good fishing buddies joined me for a week in August for silvers. Despite an unexpected amount of rain, we still had a tremendous time and caught more fish than we anticipated. Rick and the entire staff were warm, accommodating and genuine. Our guide Dallas did everything you’d expect from a professional guide. He was conscientious, very hard-working but most of all very personable. We all left with plenty of expertly filleted vacuum sealed frozen fish, and an abundance of wonderful memories. After 50 years of fishing throughout Alaska, the Nushagak River Fishing Lodge is the ONE lodge I’d recommend to anyone that wants a truly Alaskan fishing experience. I look forward to returning for King season.
- What fish did you target? Salmon
- Body of water fished? Nushagak River
- Outfitter / Lodge Hospitality?
- Guide's Hospitality?
- Guide's Knowledge?
- Were fishing conditions negatively impacted by the weather/water conditions? Yes