Arctic char in a true wilderness
- Vendor: Lax-Angling Club - View Listing
- Location: Greenland,
- Author: Traveldoc on July 25, 2016
- Review Type: Lodges / Outfitters
- Date of Visit: July 9, 2016
- Overall Rating:
- Angler Endorsed
Recently spent a week at the Lax-a camp in Southern Greenland flying into Narsaarsuq. Exclusively fly fishing for arctic char in the 2-6 lb range on light tackle, these fish fight harder than salmon once hooked! Hit the migration of these fish just right at the beginning of July, an abundance of fresh fish at several locations visited. The falls pools by camp were especially good. A comfortable lodge a scenic 2 hrs boat ride through open sea from the nearest airport makes this trip a true adventure. Camp is comfortable with basic but clean lodging, good food, showers , flushing toilets and even a sauna! A real bonus is no wi- fi and no phone signal, eagles around camp and spectacular icebergs ! A true adventure well- catered for by Lax-a in a very remote location. Expect 100 plus fish for the week !
- What fish did you target? Arctic char
- Body of water fished? Falls rivers and lakes
- Outfitter / Lodge Hospitality?
- Guide's Hospitality?
- Guide's Knowledge?
- Were fishing conditions negatively impacted by the weather/water conditions? No